[Ansteorra] Recognition (WAS: Travel)

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:43:26 PST 2012

I have a number of SCA awards, and it has been a long time since I received
one.  I even have a couple that are absolutely unique.  And yes, that is
frustrating sometimes to go years between them. and I don't mean to
denigrate them at all.  Each one I have received was vastly appreciated and
I love that people recognized me with them.

But Honestly, the most cherished awards I have received are not the ones
you hang on a wall.  it was the Oooooooooo of the populous when I presented
the Prince and Princess with new travel thrones at Pennsic court, it was
the look on my Norse persona Baron's face when I made his Court Baron
Scroll (Runes burned into a Mastyrmyr tool chest) as he stepped down from
Landed Baron.  The greatest award I have ever received was when I presented
my home barony with a pair of thrones and as I was doing so, my Laurel
(then Kingdom Senechal) leaned over and said to the King, "That's My
Apprentice".

Scrolls and Awards are cool, but let us not forget real recognition, a
heartfelt "thank you", a "WOW" or even a "that's cool, how did you do
that?"  These are the awards that last the longest and are the most
remembered of all.

-Capten Rhys