[Ansteorra] maybe an answer to recruitment problems

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:58:13 PST 2012

On 1/15/2012 2:34 PM, Donna Nesbit wrote:
> Before Christmas, we had a "personae" night.  Many of our members came in garb.

It is incumbent upon us as members and on the Lions especially, to
illustrate to new people that, contrary to it being a lot of work or
somehow "stuffy" and cumbersome, playing in persona can greatly increase
your enjoyment of the game. It transforms the experience from playing
dress-up in a gymnasium to living the life of a Medieval or Renaissance
noble, in the company of his or her peers at some great celebration.
When that mental transition clicks into place, the effect can be quite
profound and even life-altering.

Strive for this achievement with every resource at your disposal, for
any who truly experience it today will most certainly remain Ansteorrans
tomorrow.

Cynric