[Ansteorra] recruitment

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 15 15:19:07 PST 2012

Physically I have limitations (and against public belief it's physical not
mental).  People in the Clan/Household I belong to know just how "broken" I
am.  We've had "discussions" as to whether or not I should be doing a
particular task.

However, that does not stop me from helping others at events if at all
possible.  I make things for newcomers, try to make sure they're fed at
events (if I know they need feeding), if I don't know an answer I'll drag
them with me until I find the person that can answer their question.  Most
importantly remember no question is a stupid question.  Newcomers really
have no clue.  I was lucky I had friends that nudged me from the wrong path
and back to the correct one.  And NEVER, NEVER make fun of what a newcomer
is wearing (unless it's duct tape).  They are doing the best they can or
that may have been the only thing in the loaner garb that fit them.

The worst thing that can happen from a small act of kindness is your hand
gets bitten.  If it does, hand the person off to someone who will bite back.

Runa of the Thundering Herd