[Ansteorra] How to defeat Trimaris

k k turnleftatnowhere at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 16:32:22 PST 2012

Tools and supplies for working.  A small anvil or something that can be used as one. A small tree stump or something solid to set the small anvil on when in use. Various metal-head hammers. A plastic or leather head mallet for leather. Hole punches for the leather. Rivets *of various sizes*. A leather stitching awl. Spare needles for it. More spare needles for it. Waxed thread for it. Another stitching awl. A set of upholstery needles. Lengths of leather thongs so you don't have to try to cut your own. Metal buckles of various sizes. Chunks of spare leather of many thicknesses, especially saddle skirting or sole leather. Huge loads of single-edge razors or exchangeable craft knife blades. Metal files. Heavy duty shears for snipping corners.

Take some half-sheets of 1/4" and 1/8" Kydex if you can figure a way to SAFELY heat it enough to make it moldable.

Sometimes armor is integrated into cloth backings and you need stuff for repairing the cloth. Needles. Cotton thread. Thimbles. Eyelets and grommets for reinforcing holes for lacings. Hand tools to set the eyelets and grommets.

What about weapons repair?  Some chunks of padding for rebuilding thrusting tips. Fiber-reinforced tape. A wood rasp. Clamps for securing basket hilts.

This is probably too much for *a* person to carry. It would be a good idea for people to contribute to a central armory.