[Ansteorra] Food at Crown

Amanda Baucum kyrogue at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:09:36 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Tina Michael <tinabetta at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you do, just mix it up and throw it in a loaf pan? Does it need to
> rise first or do the pans need to be greased? I have an old (in my fridge
> since Aug and well past it's born on date) box of beers. Would they be OK
> for the bread?
>  Tina

@ Tina

You mix the flour and the sugar first.  I find they mix best if you put the
flour in first then mix the sugar in.  Using a plastic or wooden spoon is
good.  Then you slowly pour the bear in while mixing it together.  Keep
stirring until the mixture is sticky and wants to stick together to
itself.  Using extra flour does not hurt the batch so long as all of it
gets wet and there's no powdery look on the outside of it.

The flour itself rises on it's own.  Though beer like Hefewiezen produces a
larger loaf.  You do not need to let the mixture rise, just throw it in
your pan.  Greasing the pan is best.  I use the spray on grease + flour
mixture thing it's quick and painless.

I'm unsure about if beer goes bad or not so that's a question left to the
beer drinkers.

~Alys Langton