[Ansteorra] A Plea for the Pantry:Help Save the Cellar!

Brett Chandler-Finch naturemakeswell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:32:30 PST 2012

The generosity of Bryn Gwlad is well known; every year at Candlemas
the barony fills the larder of the abbey with food for the poor with a
canned food drive.

It appears, however, that the need has become crucial.  Apparently, an
impostor snuck into the abbey larder dressed in the robes of a monk.
Wearing a stage beard that happened to resemble that of our abbey's
cellarer, Brother Waddlegut, this malefactor sacked the beer stores
and then proceeded to open any tin of foodstuff with fish, mustard,
poultry, or sausage pictures on the labels.  Even tubs of lard with
cracked if they happened to have had misleading promotional pictures
of cooked food.  In short, our supplies for the poor are now in dire
straits.

Brother Waddlegut has been located, safe and sound, with a somewhat
foggy tale about a night at a local inn.  The authorities are seeking
an unnamed man last seen in a Dutch hat for further questioning.
Locks have been replaced and the cellar is once again secure.

Please... please... consider those less fortunate in our community
this year for Candlemas and help us fight villainy, poverty, and
hunger.  Bring your canned goods to Candlemas and help right this
wrong!

Yours,

Brother Albertus
Abbot of Saint Bacon at Bryn Gwlad