[Ansteorra] Plague Doctor's Mask Documentation?

~*Rhiannon ahuvabasyah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:10:25 PST 2012

Thank you for all the good leads, especially on Bosch and Durer.  (And I
thought the troubling art of Salvador Dali was original ;)  I read
somewhere that people thought the plague was brought or carried by birds,
hence the birdlike mask of the doctors to "carry it away".  I can
definitely see that theme in some of Bosch's art - the depictions of hell,
etc. in period (the bird with the cooking pot on its head devouring
people).  I don't plan on stopping till I reach the end of this.  Just
hopefully not the end portrayed in the dancing death paintings ;)