[Ansteorra] OT- Help with my Quest to be on the First Battle of Nations USA Team

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 13:48:16 PST 2012

I wore my wonderful Team USA t-shirt to Round Table this weekend.  There are
a few people in Ansteorra that are helping Sir Guy in whatever manner we
can.  I would love to see a fighter who was Knighted in Ansteorra go to the
Battle of the Nations and WIN!  Their equipment is expensive and they have
to get themselves to Poland and back along with said equipment (try
explaining to Customs why you have a suit of armour in your luggage).  Plus
if I understand it correctly they have regional practices to attend.  So
here's a shameless plug for Sir Guy:  robertd at usaknights.org

In addition, if the following will let me know when (I don't care what it
is) the auction for Sir Guy and his Squire Gluakos is being held I will bid
on it.

Read the words of Ritter Dieterich of Ansteorra as
well...........................

This event so inspires me that I'm going to make something worthy and
auction it off to help fund this. Ansteorra should be behind this effort-
this is the very cutting edge of the medieval fighting world right now and I
can't think of any other tournament event that takes more courage- and
therefore garners more honor- than this one. I'm open to suggestions on
where to hold the auction. I'll organize it; I hope some of you will either
donate items to it or bid on items in it.
About all I can donate to the auction is Kuchi Jewelry (the real stuff not
the made in Paskistan stuff).

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
Barony of Raven's Fort
Knight Marshal