[Ansteorra] Participation vs. Recruitment (long)

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Jan 27 07:45:14 PST 2012

On 1/26/2012 3:20 PM, Deborah May wrote:
> Fun is
> what it's all supposed to be about, after all.
>
> Blessings,
> Mistress Ceridwen
Thank you, thank you!  for this reminder.

And, unfortunately, I agree that all too often it is not "how you play"
that counts, but "you have to travel to count".  But to be fair, the
argument for requiring travel for advancement has some merits.  If no
one in Kingdom outside your local group sees your skill/work, they are
less likely to promote your interests to Knight, Laurel, etc.  I know
some in our group who do travel have tried to help others who can't by
taking some of their work to enter/display.  Regrettably, however, it
seems that there is also a great deal of 'networking' that must be done
face to face as well, so that anyone with serious ambitions must indeed
travel.  But one can still have /fun /no matter where or how often they
are able to play.  When it's no longer fun, it's time to find something
else to spend your time and resources on.

Ismet