[Ansteorra] Fiber Arts at Candlemas with Radegund

Carolle Ternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 18:43:40 PST 2012

Greetings Ansteorra from Radegundis, Insignia Deputy and Fiber Fiend,

At Candlemas this weekend, I'll be participating in some Fiber Fun:

*I am teaching "Introduction to Finger-Looped Braiding" at 11am, max of 10
students.  You'll learn one 8-loop braid and four 5-loop braids.

*I am hosting an all-day "until we have to break down to set up for feast"
warp-in for woven insignia, specifically Stars of Merit and Centurion garters.
I'll bring a lot of string in yellow, black and red.  You bring your looms, your
heddles already made if possible, some time and enthusiasm.  I'll bring at least
one loom already warped and ready to show beginning weavers how simple inkle
weaving is.

For those bringing tablets, I don't know the fabulous speed-warping  technique,
so if you know it, be prepared to share your knowledge.

A wonderful weaver from Seawinds is donating approximately 60 feet of weaving to
be cut, sewn, attached to D rings, and embroidered with black stars.  If you
don't want to warp or weave but would like to help, bring a needle sized for
crochet cotton and stop by to help finish these insignia.

Since I'm buying all this string and D-rings out of my pocket, not the
kingdom's, any donations appreciated.  I'll have #10 crochet cotton, a middle
weight microfiber and #3 crochet cotton.  If anyone would like to bring their
own string that would be great, since I don't know how many folks are going to
be participating, and I'd hate to run out of string.  Also, I can only find in
#3 cotton, the color Maize (light yellow - yuck!) and not Golden Yellow; if
anyone can find it, bring a ball to share.

I'll be starting as soon as the doors open, and I'll have to step away from the
warping for a couple of hours throughout the day.  Hopefully, there will be
plenty of folks available to help anyone who needs it.

The idea is to hang out, help each others and make the less fun part of weaving
(the warping) go faster in the service of making beautiful insignia to honor
those worthy gentles recognized by Their Royal Majesties.  Fiber and fellowship,
what more could you want!

Thank you,
Radegundis
Insignia Deputy