[Ansteorra] Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment (long))

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 31 22:11:32 PST 2012

On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:02 PM, Bree Flowers wrote:
>>> I can't even hardly pick up my sewing machine let alone fling it
>>> and 100
>>> sit ups? Only in my worst nightmares, but I am impressed that you
>>> can! Now
>>> the blue streak cursing- that I can do in spades. You should have
>>> heard me
>>> the other night when I tripped over the dog! Tee hee!
>>>
>>> Tina
>>> Running away giggling
>
> I don't think I ever got higher than 80 sit ups even in my hey day
> (and I'm a long way from that now).

That last comment is hard to believe!!!

> And there's a technique to
> throwing a sewing machine across the room... I'm thinking there's an
> Olympic event

discus?  shot put?

> (or maybe it's in the Highland games?) where you throw a
> heavy object with a handle on top by spinning around and letting go
> when you're facing the right way, that's the way I'd do it. Though
> usually it's easier to fling the project than the machine.

Maybe that's why sewing machines don't usually come with handy handles
right on top.

> And my last blue streak wasn't tripping over the dog, but stubbing my
> toe on a dog bone while carrying a laundry basket AND a toddler.

Yeah, throwing the toddler across the room, wouldn't have been so
good...

> Luckily the little copy-cat toddler just said "mum hurt" instead of
> repeating for a change.

Oooh. Diplomacy at such a young age!

> ~Eve

SCA children can be the source of many interesting stories.
child-stories-msg (47K)  7/11/05  Stories of SCA children.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/child-stories-msg.html

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com