[Ansteorra] courtly graces

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 4 19:47:24 PDT 2012

On Jul 4, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Salvador Ordoñez wrote:

> Does anyone have a really good resource on how to teach courtly
> graces and SCA etiquette? Our shire wants to readdress these topics,
> and I wanted a lesson plan or outline to work with instead of trying
> to wing it.
>
> En Servicio,
> Salvador Ordoñez
> MKA Derek Harris
> Adlersruhe Seneschal

Not a class outline, but here are some message files and articles from
the NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium:
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96  Courtesy guidelines in the SCA and
period.
                                    Hand-kissing and bowing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/courtesy-msg.html

Hand-Kissing-art   (8K)  1/20/11  "Ioseph of Locksley's Handy Guide to
Cavalier
                                     Hand-Kissing".
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Hand-Kissing-art.html

How-to-Behave-art (12K)  6/10/01  "How to Behave in these Current
Middle Ages"
                                       by Lady Meliora Leuedai de
Ardescote.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/How-to-Behave-art.html

SCA-courtesy-art  (14K)  5/22/96  Courtesy guidelines by Ioseph of
Locksley.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-courtesy-art.html

Stefan

--------