[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

thomas erwin aa69bb69cc69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:03:43 PDT 2012

> I therefore propose that the need for a consort be removed entirely. If we
> are entertaining the far less likely and less documentable "Same Sex"
> rulers, why not allow for the far more common and certainly documentable
> individual ruler?
>

> YIS
>
> Count Lochlan Dunn
> Ansteorra

You beat me to the same idea that I had - Historical precedence trumps
political politeness in a historical recreation society.  Single monarchs
could become all the rage.  The rapier community would have to adjust if no
female consort and the chivalric community would have to do the same if a
woman sat the throne such as Duchess Rowan once did.  It would only be for
six months and everyone would survive.

Baron Bors of Lothiam
Baron Loch Soiller
Malleus et Deus