[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Patrick R tex_yankee2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 13:46:33 PDT 2012

Usually I am fairly indifferent to who is king since I do not fight or have any desire to but this is an interesting topic and I am hoping people can enlighten me. Please do not take offense to my questions as they are intended to educate me as well as I presume others. I keep reading about competitors as well as their consort being approved by the Crown. My question is what are some of the reasons the Crown would not approve someone? If there is no reason that would have applied in past competitions that the Crown would reject someone it seems it would be based on if the Crown at the time is homophobic or not. I do not know how often someone is prohibited from competing when the consort is of the opposite gender but I would be curious as to why someone would not be acceptable to the crown. Under the proposed wording I would actually feel sorry for a crown that would have to make this kind of decision. If they reject a same sex group for reasons other
 than their sexual preference it would still appear to be that they are rejecting them because they are homophobic. I have no clue if currently those rejected to compete the names are available to the people of the Kingdom but fear it would become a well know fact if a same sex group is rejected for any reason. Just my two cents and hope I did not offend anyone.

Dante