[Ansteorra] (no subject)

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 15:10:11 PDT 2012

Baron Bor's wrote:

You beat me to the same idea that I had - Historical precedence trumps
political politeness in a historical recreation society.  Single monarchs
could become all the rage.  The rapier community would have to adjust if no
female consort and the chivalric community would have to do the same if a
woman sat the throne such as Duchess Rowan once did.  It would only be for
six months and everyone would survive.

Baron Bors of Lothiam
Baron Loch Soiller
Malleus et Deus

I believe the Queen's Champion for Queen Rowan was a Chivalric Champion and during that reign, King Hector's King's Champion was a Rapier Champion.
Although it was before I found The Dream, I believe I am correct.  This would seem to set the precedence, in Ansteorra at least, that who ever wins by right of arms, no matter the gender, would have a champion from the Chivalric field.
William  (Hopeing my memory has not failed me)