[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Susan Wieland swieland3 at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 12:26:41 PDT 2012

 From: ld.blackmoon at cox.net wrote:

> now an odd question , to date , just how many people have been found "
> undesirable " and rejected for competition in crown tourney for any reason
> ??
> is there this whole set of ansteorrans that one or more kings have found to
> be undesirable, unworthy , evil , psychotic ,too broke,  etc .  ??
> if so were the undesirables chosen due to financial, personal, sexual , or
> business reasons ??
> or was the populace left to guess as has been proposed will happen in the
> case of same sex consorts ??
>
> although I am not a fighter , and what happens in the fighter community is
> not my top area of interest , I have never heard of anyone being found
> undesirable enough to be refused access to crown tourney.
> is this because no one has been refused ? or is it because refusals are
> handled on a personal basis, and not a public basis ??
> if private basis, why would it suddenly become a public basis as soon as a
> same sex consort applied ??
>

> sorry , it's kind a like lays , I can't eat just one : /
>
> Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
> Arthur

Once upon a time, long ago, I was refused to be Gunnora's consort in Crown Tourney...because we are the same gender.  Its not that I'm unworthy or was then even.  According to the laws in force at that time, I was not allowed to be Gunnora's consort.   Now if had been your consort, Arthur, or Eule's (who Gunnora ended up fighting for at that time) or Sir Kief's or Master Daniel or Sir Pendaren, etc., it would have been allowed.  But as my beloved has already said here,  "I" am "her" inspiration as she is also mine.  Why should Gunnora and I have to pretend something that is not the truth?  Its not like she wouldn't have been eliminated in the first round anyway.

So yeah, I guess I can say, I was found to be undesirable.

Damaris of Greenhill, OL
--
Not Government but BIG money in government is the problem.  When income dictates outcome Democracy dies.