[Ansteorra] Vikings and Same-Sex Consorts

Richard Culver captbigdamnhero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:30:31 PDT 2012

Sorry, despite how well versed you are and academic background you
have, I am calling BS on this. Old One-Eye wasn't noted, He was accused
in Lokasenna of in particularly being "ergo" which it and its cognates
denote weakness in general and in regards to men especially as being
effeminate, passive, unmanly, etc. It was an accusation of a
nontraditional state of being for a man.

To be accused of it in the sagas you well know often led to blood
feuds. It shows up in accusations often as a sidebar in reasons to
depose rulers.

Wihtric

Sent from my Windows Phone