[Ansteorra] Umbrage and Same Sex Consorts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 20 19:32:16 PDT 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 7:53 PM, Christie Ward wrote:

> Miles asked:
>> Do you indeed fight in the heavy lists?
>> Were you planning to enter Crown Tourney?
>
> You must have missed it when I mentioned earlier that I specifically
> asked Daffyd and Octavia to allow me to fight for my lady in Crown
> Tournament during their reign. I have been a chivalric fighter for
> years.  And yes, if same sex consorts are allowed, I will get my
> hiney back in shape so I can come out and fight for my lady.
>
> ::GUNNVOR::

Whether you manage to get yourself in shape to fight in Crown or not,
I would love to just see you make more events and local happenings. I
miss seeing you and your lady at events.

If the implication is that only those that have fought in or will
fight in Crown Tourny should have a say in this matter, I am deeply
disappointed. This affects everyone in our Society and everyone should
have their say.

And along those lines, folks might be interested in this article in
the SCA-SOCIOLOGY section of the Florilegium. And it would be a good
read for other situations than just this current spat.
Confrontation-art  (9K) 12/20/99  "Gunnora's Rules for Confrontation"
                                      by Mistress Gunnora Harakarva.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/Confrontation-art.html

And perhaps this one as well:
Criticism-art     (12K) 12/ 4/11  "Criticism: Giving and Receiving" by
The
                                      Honorable Lady Teleri the Well-
Prepared.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/Criticism-art.html