[Ansteorra] Powers of the Crown

Lori C. countesskat at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 06:49:46 PDT 2012

One minor clarification. Here in Ansteorra the King and Queen rule equally. This is our tradition and custom. Our monarchs can act together or they can act separately. As far as I know there are no powers reserved strictly to the Ruler by Right of Arms (though it may by now be unwritten tradition that this individual creates members of the Chivalry... much as the Queen always has the pivotal role in creating members of the Order of the White Scarf).

It is my understanding - though purely through heresay, because it has never interested me enough to prompt any amount of research on my part - that this is type of unilateral power is not the case in every kingdom.

Kat MacLochlainn