[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 15:19:45 PDT 2012

 As has already been amply stated, perishingly few historical monarchs, paired or not, won their thrones in a tournament with wooden weapons, nor planned to step down in favor of heir(s) chosen the same way in six short months.

Arguments based on historical accuracy in either direction are, as also been amply stated, pointless.

Arguments based on fairness, or how it would affect the populace as a whole, or how it would affect the Society's standing among the mundanes (sorry, moderns) with whom we must interact, are a lot more pertinent.

IMO

Kevin