[Ansteorra] Acceptable to the Crown - Was: Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Scott Fridenberg fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 07:39:12 PDT 2012

All entrants to Crown Tournament have to be acceptable to the sitting
Crown.  The Crown is under no obligation to explain why they find someone
unacceptable.  I am not privy to the behind the scenes discussions at Crown
Tournament, but as a long term player in Ansteorra my impression is that
the Crown's power to deny someone entry into the tournament has been used
very sparingly and generally quietly.  Since we usually require a letter of
intent to enter Crown, I would assume that if the Crown found someone
unacceptable, they would quietly let that person know before the event
rather than make a scene and publicaly embarrass someone at the event.  So
potentially people could be denied entry for all kinds of reasons, good and
bad, and very few people know about it, unless the person denied chose to
make a fuss about it.   If a Crown chooses to deny someone entry into Crown
Tournament, this action, as with any action they take as Crown,
could potentially damage their reputation or lead to unrest in the Kingdom.

I have never taken the opportunity to discuss with members of the Royal
Family their beliefs on when it is and isn't appropriate to use this power,
but I think it would be an interesting discussion to have.

Robert

--
* <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Eleanor_Roosevelt/>*Great minds
discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
AIM: fitzmorgan