[Ansteorra] Beating a dead kitten

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 19 15:01:11 PDT 2012

If people were to trim their replies, to remove quoted text that
they're not addressing, the digest readers would have an easier time
of it -- they'd have lest re-re-re-reposted text to scroll through.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Don Pieter <donpieter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Discussion? Or beating a dead kitten? This is the second time this
> year that this topic was brought up and it has gone the same way
> both time with the exact same people on the pro and con sides.

On this round, I have not seen a lot of repetition.  I've certainly
tried to keep to new points each time.

The recent call to stop discussion was a reply to my message where I
pointed out the survey location and discussed the results.  I think it
odd that others can post assertions that are incorrect in part, but
with my analysis *I* get told to silence myself.

> Take any angle at this you want but you're not going to change minds
> one way or the other on this list.

I've reconsidered my position due to something posted today.  Someone
pointed out that the new proposed wording would require the king and
queen of a kingdom to refuse consent to each contestant.  I can see
that as being a big thing: it's one thing if they can point to a
kingdom law, but quite another if they say "you, Lord Percy Gaylord,
are not acceptable to us".

So I'm considering suggesting to the Board that they explicitly
mention that a kingdom may make law on the subject -- despite the fact
that it would make it easier to discriminate against same-sex pairs.

> Any "discussion" about this kitten after this will solely be looked
> at as people wanting to hear themselves talk for no other reason
> than to enjoy the sound of their own voice.

*I* am trying to discuss the issues and provide reasoning and points
without abuse.  You are incorrect in imputing such motives to me.

Danyll de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com