[Ansteorra] Stopping Ansteorran e-mail temporarily

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 20 21:36:48 PDT 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Dana Busenbark <danab-steppes at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> before I move off list. I won't have internet when I move and I
> don't need to come back to thousands of posts.

In case you didn't know:

You might find it more convenient to just turn off Ansteorra list mail
for a time rather than unsubscribe.  It's more convenient because
resubscribing takes Web work, e-mail confirmation, and moderator
action, but restarting mail just takes the Web.  Also, you can stop
and restart e-mail to all your Ansteorran lists with one operation,
instead of resubscribing to each list individually.

* http://lists.ansteorra.org/ , again, is the base of all Ansteorran
lists.

* Click on Ansteorra to go to

* Enter your e-mail address in the bottom box and click the
[ Unsubscribe or edit options ]

* You may not remember your list password: you can get an e-mailed
reminder.  I set a password I share among Ansteorran lists, because
there's no money or major reputation to lose.  You need a password to
do most list management.

* Once you enter your password and log in, there's a radio button for

     Mail delivery

     Set this option to Enabled to receive messages posted to this
     mailing list. Set it to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed,
     but don't want mail delivered to you for a while (e.g. you're
     going on vacation). If you disable mail delivery, don't forget to
     re-enable it when you come back; it will not be automatically
     re-enabled.

Then click [ Submit My Changes ].  There are other options that you
might like.

There's an additional "Set globally" checkbox.  Click it before
Submit, and it'll stop mail for all Ansteorran lists.

The advantage is that, when you get settled, you can just log in again
and Enabled it, instead of the three step subscription process.

Daniel de Lindo Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com