[Ansteorra] Linen Thread for leather

Mike Andrews mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Sun Jul 22 14:42:08 PDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 03:31:49PM -0500, Brett Chandler-Finch wrote:
> I am working on a leather scrip for an A&S project.   I am planning on
> using Linen waxed thread for the sewing.   For a project would
> purchasing the thread already waxed be ok.  I am concerned about the
> durability of single strand linen thread being hand rolled together
> and waxed vs commercially produced thread designed for the purpose.

I can't see it making any difference in the way I judge the work, so long
as you mention that it is commercially produced, that it came already
waxed, and that explain why you used it rather than making your own.

On the other hand, is there a reason you're buying waxed thread? I have
a spool of unwaxed linen thread I bought some years back, but if it's no
longer easily available, that's a reason not to use it.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO