[Ansteorra] Starting FireStorm Middle Eastern Dancing & Drumming Guild in Wiesenfeuer/Namron

Kajira Camber torinsmail at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:40:18 PDT 2012

Posting on the multiple lists, since so many people are only on their local, regional, or Kingdom list...

Due to the overwhelming requests to teach bellydance classes and the overwhelming number of people that want to learn or advance/grow their knowledge of Middle Eastern dancing and drumming, I have decided to start up a guild to help promote this in our area.  It will be another FireStorm guild (like our FireStorm Ink guild-Fire for Wiesenfeuer, Storm for Namron).

Here is the current plan:
-Class is for 1-1.5 hr every Wednesday (start date to be announced once I got all the classes lined up and dance room reserved) at the same time as chivalric practice at Sellers Community Center in south OKC.
-Will have monthly rotation of the classes (to help prevent burnout)-Week 1: Dance, Week 2: Drum/Instruments, Week 3: Dancing & Drumming together, Week 4: Construction (Teaching how to make garb, dance belts, props, instruments, etc).  So, based on your interest, you may only need to come to 1 practice a month!
-You do not have to be part of Wiesenfeuer or Namron to participate
-Is for ALL levels, not just beginners.  Will need 4-6 teachers for drumming and dancing, to help decrease frequency of teaching need of an individual person
-Is a Facebook group, so will need to either be part of Facebook or you will need to have someone that is on the Facebook group to be your 'eyes' for changes/updates.

-(Not meaning to offend, but don't want misunderstanding of the idea of the guild) Guild is to help grow our knowledge and build confidence in those interested in this field.  Please don't contact the guild to format/decorate/arrange/and execute your groups hafla.  Most of us, if we are there and able, are willing to help, but I just want to have it known that this isn't the purpose of the guild.
-At this time, non-SCA people may attend after the meetings get started.  BUT, you must get pre-approval from me for their attendance and know that their length of time will be limited.  Hopefully it will make them interested in the SCA, but if they are only wanting to learn how to bellydance or drum, they can try it out with us, but then they will need to go find their own class to join if the SCA poses no interest to them.
-Not restricted to drums only.  Especially in the compilation classes, the days we get together to make new beats and practice overlaying rhythmes, and the 'drum + dance' sessions.  We welcome all percussion, string, and wind instruments (just understand that the education will probably only be hand drum and basic percussion instruments only)

If you are interested, please send me a Facebook message to send you an invite (Kajira Camber is Facebook name).

Kajira Camber
  (Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid)
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer
Webminister of Wiesenfeuer