[Ansteorra] Hellsgate's Commander's Crucible

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:03:02 PDT 2012

At 10:19 AM 6/4/2012, you wrote:
>Greetings to the Lists,
>
>My apologies if you see this more than once.  I want to get this out to as
>many folks as possible.
>
>On June 15-17, the Stronghold of Hellsgate will be holding it's Premier
>Champion's event, Commander's Crucible.  The site is Camp Mabry in Austin,
>TX.
>
>We will be choosing our Premier Champions in Chivalric, Rapier and A&S.
>
>Formats will be determined on the day of the tournament.  As of right now,
>if there are enough entrants to the Chivalric and Rapier lists, the
>Commander's will be determined by melee.  The intent is to run either a
>standard Ansteorran tourney or Swiss Five (on both fields), with the top
>fighters advancing as melee commanders for the final rounds.

It sounds like you want a "Snowball Melee" format:

In the first round, the fighters will be paired up like usual; A and
B fight, and, say, B loses. He's now part of A's team. In the next
round A and B will fight the team of C and D. The winning team
captain now has *three* fighters on his team, and they go on to face
other teams of four in the next round. This continues until there is
an overall winner.

         -Tivar Moondragon
(Who can't come out and play, because he has to work that weekend. Bother.)