[Ansteorra] Pulling out of King's College <SIGH>

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:24:35 PDT 2012

Fair cousins!

A few weeks ago, I found out that the rector of the church I attend has
been elected Bishop Suffragan in the Diocese of Texas (actually, I was in
on the election process...but I still found it out as we got the results of
each ballot). Within a few hours of the election, the director of our altar
guild began to plan a lunch in Jeff's wife's honor, since she is also on
the altar guild. Since Jeff's last Sunday as rector is this next Sunday
(June 24), Susan's lunch is planned for June 23.

The day of King's College.

For which I was scheduled to teach two classes.

That I really looked forward to.

Mundanity has a way of trumping SCA, so as much as I hate to bow out of the
classes I was planning to teach--and attend--the real world needs me.

I cannot apologize enough to the people who were expecting or even counting
on my presence. I will have to find a way to make it up to you.

Not sure yet when my next event will be, but I already know I will have to
miss the next Queen's Champion--it will take place the same weekend as
Jeff's consecration. Defender of the Fort is the weekend before that, and I
WILL be there. Hopefully I can make King's Round Table and AHSS this
summer, as well.

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
Detlef von Marburg

--