[Ansteorra] Long shot hunting for a book...

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:50:12 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bree Flowers <evethejust at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone happen to have a copy of /Ancient Danish Textiles from
> Bogs and Burials/ by Margarthe Hald? Specifically the pages on
> Naalbinding and mittens (pages 300-307). It would really help me
> document my latest project, thanks :)

According to Worldcat there are two copies in Texas -- Rice University
and Univ of North Texas. Worldcat often has errors because libraries
will add books, but fail to remove them from the database when they no
longer own the copy. You'd want to check directly with the library
(ask for a shelf check) before taking the time to go there.

There are lots of other copies in the US. I'd recommend you go to your
local library and ask about their interlibrary loan procedures. Some
libraries will make copies of a few pages and send them if you don't
need the whole book. Some of them even scan to pdf which is quick and
easy.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Known World Dance. If you still need this
next week send me an email and I can check wtih Rice for you.

--Perronnelle

--
1. Open fridge. Nothing to eat. 2. Open pantry. Nothing to eat. 3.
Lower standards and repeat.  -- Aaron Karo's Ruminations.com