[Ansteorra] Appropos of Nothing, My Lords & Ladies...

Paul DeLisle ferretpd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 16:18:32 PDT 2012

.But inspired by seeing some Olde Friends this weekend...

I present the following for your perusal and possible (but unlikely)
enjoyment.

(It's not my fault...blame my Muse, Curly-Joe.He got all excited at seeing a
bunch of other old Farts!)

The SCA Doth Not Forget

By Alden Pharamond

(.to a slower, and more Madrigal-like version of a possibly recognizable
tune <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFItjSqKvPo> .)

So you're a little bit older and a

Lot less bolder than you used to be

You used to swing a stick, but

Now you're getting worried 'bout that old trick knee

So now A.S. Thirty's turned Forty-Five

Your eyes roll back, imagining a six-hour Drive

Well, all you have to do is get up and into your gear

There's somebody near.

Come back, Gentles

The SCA never forgets

You better get yourself a Tunic

Go to Fighter Practice, or the local Guild

Check the local newsletter

Chances are you'll find something you want to build

Yea, you'll forget about the rat-race for the Courtly Grace

You're sure to find a friendly or a mem'rable face

And all you got to do is get is get out to the Event

We'll loan you a tent

Come back, Gentles

The SCA never forgets

Oh the bards're still singing late into the night

Retelling the excitement of a masterful fight

All you got to do is just make that Revel tonight

Yea, tonight

Well now, A.S. Thirty's turned Forty-Five

You've forgotten what it's like to feel really alive

Well, all Fleig's children are out there, throwing his shots*

They'll save you a spot

Come back, Gentles

The SCA never forgets

Yeah, A.S. Thirty's turned Forty-Five

'Cause of WoW you don't remember what it's like to fight live

Hey, Tivar's kids are all swinging, from chandeliers.

                And drinking great beers

Come back, Gentles

The SCA never forgets

Come back, Gentles,

The SCA never forgets !!

*feel free to choose Chuck (Inmann McMoore)

Flieg (Siegfried von Hoflichskeit),

Paul (of Bellatrix),

Lloyd (von Eaker), or your personal favorite.

In Service (if you can call it that)

I (still) remain

Alden Pharamond

Ansteorra