[Ansteorra] Spring Plans

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:26:50 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM, HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ordering time at an SCA event, although tricky, could definitely add to the
> ambience. I, personally, would like to see more of that. Being conscious of
> the wheels of time turning as people were in period--without watches and
> smart phones--would be neat for sure, since we don't normally have bells
> marking the hours in the twenty-first century.
>
> As always, Your Grace, many thanks for the food for thought!
>
> Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
> Detlef von Marburg

That would be interesting, for sure. We live near a Catholic church
that marks the hours on the church bells and when we're outside, it's
kind of neat to hear them.  (However, one of the tunes they've used is
a song that sounds disturbingly close to a tune I know as "The Lusty
Young Smith," and that's a wee bit distracting.)  Does anyone have an
idea of how to mark the (not midnight or dawn) hours at an event?
Would one person ringing a bell be enough?

Helene
--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant