[Ansteorra] Gulf War Known World Party

Gera Von Roer geravonroer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:20:00 PST 2012

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02418b.htm (remove spaces if any are
inserted)

I plan to read this article at length when I get home from class. Speaking
of which, it's time to get ready.

Detlef (also anxiously waiting <G>)

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Katy Hendrick <pancua at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be cool in the vendor areas! I always look track of time when
> shopping.
>
> --Dena, anxiously waiting for Gulf Wars
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM, SoldierGrrrl <soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM, HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Ordering time at an SCA event, although tricky, could definitely add to
> > the
> > > ambience. I, personally, would like to see more of that. Being
> conscious
> > of
> > > the wheels of time turning as people were in period--without watches
> and
> > > smart phones--would be neat for sure, since we don't normally have
> bells
> > > marking the hours in the twenty-first century.
> > >
> > > As always, Your Grace, many thanks for the food for thought!
> > >
> > > Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
> > > Detlef von Marburg
> >
> > That would be interesting, for sure. We live near a Catholic church
> > that marks the hours on the church bells and when we're outside, it's
> > kind of neat to hear them.  (However, one of the tunes they've used is
> > a song that sounds disturbingly close to a tune I know as "The Lusty
> > Young Smith," and that's a wee bit distracting.)  Does anyone have an
> > idea of how to mark the (not midnight or dawn) hours at an event?
> > Would one person ringing a bell be enough?
> >
> > Helene
> > --
> > "Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
> > Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant
> > series of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert
> > Gates, Secretary of Defense.
> >

> --
> In humble service to The Barony of  Bryn Gwlad,
>
> Lady Magdelena "Dena" Cortez
> MKA Katy Hendrick
> Cell: 512-585-4172

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!