[Ansteorra] Spring Plans

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:24:03 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> The Angelus appears to have developed during later period.  I think
> plain canonical hours would work better.
>
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, SoldierGrrrl <soldier.grrrl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea of how to mark the (not midnight or dawn)
>> hours at an event?  Would one person ringing a bell be enough?
>> Helene
>

> Bells came late to the Orthodox and were outlawed under the Ottomans.
> You should get a semantron (singular) / semantra (plural).  Trying to
> get someone to make one, though -- I don't know where to get plans.
>
> "Semantra, from their size and shape, furnished formidable weapons,
> and were sometimes so used with fatal effect in a church
> brawl.[1][10][7] "
>
> Danett Lincoln

I'll have to google "semantra" although I'm sure my beloved husband
knows what they are off the top of his head.

Helene
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com

"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant
series of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert
Gates, Secretary of Defense.