[Ansteorra] Changes to your account (was: no subject)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Mar 31 09:38:36 PDT 2012

For future reference in other mailing lists:

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the bottom of every message it says:

That's not uncommon in mailing lists.

If a list doesn't do that, sometimes there's information in the
"headers" of the e-mail message.  Every e-mail message has headers,
saying who the message is (purportedly) from, who it's addressed to,
the date, and lots of other information, usually of little interest.
How to see headers, unfortunately, depends on the e-mail program you
use, and there's no guarantee that an e-mail program even allows it.

The ones I use do, and for this list, I see

     <mailto:ansteorra-request at lists.ansteorra.org?subject=subscribe>

That hints at one other technique.  For a mailing list with an address
like ACCOUNT at HOST, very often the list maintainers can be reached at
ACCOUNT-request at HOST or ACCOUNT-owner at HOST .

Danihel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com