[Ansteorra] "We've Thrown HIGH PRICES Into The FIRES OF MT. DOOM!!!..."

Peter Schorn peterschorn at PDQ.NET
Sun Mar 25 17:23:18 PDT 2012

On 3/25/2012 10:46 AM, Chris Zakes wrote:

>> I thought it was because that was the day Frodo threw the One Ring into
>> the fires of Mount Doom...?

>Well, you know how the true meaning of important dates in antiquity gets
>lost over time. That was back at the end of the Third Age, after all.
>
>Cynric

So we should celebrate this day the way we celebrate all the holidays dedicated
to victory in dire and world-changing struggles--with SALES SALES SALES!

Hurrah for Frodo Baggins
The Middle Earth Explorer!
"I just got back from Mordor"
Hurray hurray hurray!

He went to Sauron's castle
But there he did not linger:
"I lost my middle finger"
Hurray hurray hurry!

'Twas he who closed the door on
The evil Age of Sauron:
So don't call him a moron--
"Hey, hey!"

Hurrah for Frodo Baggins
The Middle Earth explorer!
He did his thing
Destroyed the Ring
And that is why we sing:
Hurray hurray hurray!

(The HOPSFA Hymnal notes that this is to be sung
to the tune of "Hurrah for Captain Spaulding"
from the Marx Brothers' movie "Animal Crackers."
It further says that "if the person singing
the part of Frodo Baggins is short, has a moustache
and wears glasses, so much the better.")

--Cadfan, who surely has better things to do...