[Ansteorra] Story Time: The Ansteorran Royal Navy

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:06:29 PDT 2012

{Scripted by Alexander Bailey, posted by Pooky}

SET THE SCENE; Alexander Bailey is below deck on the H.M.S. Iron Lotus

It's completely dark below, yet still too bright. Not sure at first
where on the HMS Iron Lotus I succumbed to my drink last night; it
seems I fell or was laid in my own hammock. I try to shake off a vague
memory of rat hunting, belly rubs, and clawing the masts.

It's quiet. For a panicked moment, I'm not sure I am even on the
Lotus. What ship is this? The only sounds are the lap of the sea and
the creaking of her bones. Though the relative quiet is a blessing to
my throbbing skull, it fills me full of uncertainty. Where is the
Heartbeat of the Iron Lotus? Surely she isn't dead?

Holding my skull in place with one hand, for it threatened to fall
off, I grope through the dark with the other hand. I stop my fumbling
for a moment so I can hear something other than the clomping of my own
feet. I hear the voice of the Captain above. He sings a song...