[Ansteorra] Warlord XXXIX is Approaching (now with 60% more accuracy!)

Gary Koehler garylkoehler at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 21:19:08 PDT 2012

Good evening, Ansteorra!
Steppes Warlord XXXIX is coming
closer! Please join the Steppes on Memorial Day weekend at the Canton Trade
Days site as we celebrate the competition for the 25th Rapier Champion! (Please
note that Chivalric and Rapier competitions will be held on Saturday, May
26th.)
See (or participate in) a full day
of fighting as the Kingdom’s best vie for the titles of Steppes Warlord or
Steppes Champion! Cheer for your favored youth combatants as they compete in
their own tournament to show off their Feats of Strength! Shoot straight for
the title of Steppes Archer! Perform your most enthralling tale or song to
become the Steppes Bardic Champion!
Also – see Artisan’s Row, shop at
the indoor and outdoor merchants, visit the Scribal tables, create a new device
at the Herald’s Consulting point - *pauses, takes deep breath* - have your kids
bring their meal to the Youth Dinner, and enjoy Ansteorra’s finest Middle
Eastern dancers at the Hafla!
Some might say, “Well, that’s a
lot for one event.” Here at Steppes Warlord, we just call that “Saturday”…

On Sunday, shoot once more for the
title of Kingdom Huntsman! Choose your teams for the Rapier Melees! Watch the
youth fight again in a rousing game of Squirrel Ball!
Chivalric fighters – also on Sunday, the Family Whitacre invites you to
their Pas d’ Armes to display your best apparel, persona play and, of course,
martial skill. Dust off those crests and make your best impression!
Find more
event information online at: http://steppes.ansteorra.org/warlord (changes to reflect this posting will be added soon!)
online with ACCEPS by following this link: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/regit/event_main.php
In