[Ansteorra] Beginner's T-Tunic Class at King's College

Irena Fridenberg rubberduckiemom at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:09:51 PDT 2012

Greeting Ansteorra.

I will be teaching a beginner's t-tunic class at King's College happening
on June 23.

 T-Tunic – Garb in Less Than a Day

*Brief description of the class:* The t-tunic is the most basic of all garb
worn in the SCA (not a “period” piece by any means but a great starter). It
is quick and easy; this type of garb uses only three to six yards of
material so it is only as expensive as you want your material to be. The
t-tunic can be worn over the fighter kit in both heavy and rapier and it
can be dressed up by embroidery and trim.

In this class I will teach you the technique of a basic t-tunic that uses
only “two” cuts and two seams. By the time you leave the class you will
have one basic t-tunic ready to wear at your next event.

*Duration of class:* 2 hour (as needed)

*Class limit:* 10-15

*Age limit:* No age limit; however, children under the age of 10 *MUST* be
accompanied by an adult.

*Fee (if applicable):* * If you bring your own fabric, there will be no fee*;
*however*, if I provide the fabric, depending upon the amount of fabric
used for your t-tunic, your fee will be $5-$20. I would appreciate a
donation for the use of my tools and the handout, but it is not required.

*Special requirements needed:* If you are bringing your own fabric, please
bring three to six yards that has been washed. Know that we are not going
to do anything fancy in the class, just teach you the technique. My goal is
for you to leave with a completed t-tunic. For questions and RSVP, please
contact me at my e-mail address: rubberduckiemom at gmail.com.