[Ansteorra] Snow Storm!

David Backlin thledrei at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:11:05 PDT 2012

The weather forecast for Cracked Anvil is as follows: Mostly Sunny with
a  good chance of snow. ;)

Yes,  we guarantee there WILL be snow... at least during feast.

But you have to come to Cracked Anvil to get it. And you will first have
to wade through the rest of the feast:

*First Remove*
Sliced fruit
Cheese
Bread
Flavored butter

*Second Remove:*
Marinated steak
Minestra di riso  (a dish of rice with butter, cinnamon, and sugar)
Minestra di carote  (a dish of carrots (includes black pepper))

*Third Remove:*
Candied fruit
Dish of snow

Of course, why come just for feast? We have a full day of activities
planned including classes, A&S competition,  Rapier Fighting (including
the Smythkepe Defender Tourney),  Equestrian competition, Heavy Weapons
Tourney, and an Archery competition. Oh, and an Herbal contest, as well.

Just think: all this for the paltry sum of $17, including feast. OR $12
with NO Feast (but you won't get snow at Golden Corral).

In addition, please come and welcome our special guests: members of the
local Diamond Area Council of the Girl Scouts.

Site opens at 7am, closes 11pm.

**THIS IS A ONE DAY EVENT: No on-site camping or cabins available. But
there are several motels within a mile of site**

Directions to Site (Girl Scouts Burnham Woods: 5705 Gordon Lane Fort
Smith, AR 72903 )

Take your best route to I-40 Exit 7 ( I-540/ US 71 South  Van Buren /
Ft. Smith)
Follow I-540 to Exit 6 (Grand Avenue). and turn Right (West)
At the first traffic signal, turn Left (South) onto Waldron Avenue
Proceed about 1 mileto the 5th Traffic Signal,  and turn Left (East)
onto Gordon Lane
Burnham Woods GS Camp is on the left about 1/3 mile down

[ GPS 35.369732,-94.368993]

*Please note: This is a Dry Site*