[Ansteorra] Conversation starter...

Queen Elizabeta queen at crown.ansteorra.org
Mon May 14 16:25:34 PDT 2012

What a great conversation! Mine is a bit of a long, roundabout story but
it's one I love telling.

Back when I lived in Boston, my good friend whom I met while performing in
the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Harvard Square (I was Columbia of course;
who is the most sparkly?) invited me to go to an event put on by her
fantasy role-playing group (fairies and such) so I tagged along. I went by
the name of 'Lilith' and played a dryad. :D I had fun at that event and
decided to go along with them to Pennsic which was a few weeks later; they
had their own camp there and attended as mercenaries of the East Kingdom.
They left their fairy wings and elf ears at home and played by the SCA
rules.

Anyways! I had a blast that Pennsic and attended the next several but
*never* actually did any SCA activities while there. I never went to a
battle, never attended a court; I was there for relaxation, shopping and
evening entertainment. :D

Several years pass and I end up moving to Texas in hopes of a new beginning
after a divorce. In the hopes of meeting new friends in my new life I
looked up the local SCA group and posted to their list. Sir Morgan replied
with a welcoming message and said I should come to Steppes Business meeting
which was in a few days. I did, met up with some wonderful people and ended
up going to my first Gulf wars 2 weeks later and was hooked. The night I
arrived after setting up our camp I ended up having steak dinners in the
royal condo with Their then Majesties Miguel & Conal who I had roundabout
met a few weeks earlier at the premier of 'LOTR -Return of the King'! I was
in costume and Her Grace Conal was beading her coronation gown while
watching the movie! lol!

Almost 10 years to the day of attending my first Pennsic I returned there
in 2009 as Queen of Ansteorra. I took part in my first SCA activity at the
war which was Opening Ceremonies that I processed in. I went back to my
original camp on their Open Camp Night with my King and all of Our Landed
Nobles and more dressed to the nines. Don Avery heralded us in and did such
a wonderful and touching job I shall never forget it for the entirety of my
life.

Like I said, a long, roundabout story but one I love telling because I
truly believe it is proof that some dreams do come true.

Much Love,
Elizabeta