[Ansteorra] Conversation starter...

Send mail to james-at-crouchet.com crouchet at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:27:48 PDT 2012

I knew some SCAers in high school but they were jerks do I avoided the SCA
for years.  However I did work TRF and other ren fairs, arts & crafts
shows, etc.

My life went sideways for a while and when thing got better I hooked up
with some gamers in Austin where I was living.  We did did some pretty
advanced stuff including putting on a tournament named TexCon.  Those
gamers included Tivar, Aethylene, Varg, Martin Heart, and a few other
SCAers.

The real turning point was when a friend at work  (Hal Frasier) invited me
to a practice and pointed out that some of my gamer friends would be
there.  The chance to swordfight for real? Sure!

Christian Doré