[Ansteorra] Conversation starter...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 15 19:16:29 PDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 3:11 PM, Tina Michael wrote:

> Wow, I am glad to have started such a fascinating conversation. It
> has been
> really neat to read all the stories about where we come from to all
> join
> together here. how cool...
> Tina

Thank you for bringing it up.

I have certainly enjoyed hearing how and why all my friends joined the
SCA and I'd love to hear more.

For those who'd like to hear more from similar past discussions, from
this kingdom and elsewhere, take a look at these files in the SCA-
SOCIOLOGY section of the Florilegium:
magic-moments-msg (50K)  7/ 1/08  "Magic moments" experienced in the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/magic-moments-msg.html

SCA-reasons-msg   (61K)  2/ 1/11  The reasons various people joined
the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/SCA-reasons-msg.html

SCA-The-Dream-msg (50K)  1/11/96  What the SCA means for different
people.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/SCA-The-Dream-msg.html

I did notice a lot of stories about people joining the SCA after a
divorce or not playing in the SCA for awhile because their partner
didn't approve or enjoy it. While it seems to be rather rather rare
for one person to play actively in the SCA if their partner doesn't,
it can be done. Here are a few comments on this.
non-SCA-part-msg  (45K)  7/29/97  Dealing with partners who are not in
the SCA
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/non-SCA-part-msg.html

I'm also aware of many, many people who have found their partner in
the SCA. (I did)
SCA-meetings-msg   (9K)  7/ 8/05  How SCA meetings are held around the
KW.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/SCA-meetings-msg.html

Er, not that kind of meeting. :-) This kind:
SCA-romance-msg   (40K)  2/13/06  SCA romances and meeting SOs in the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/SCA-romance-msg.html

I'd love to have more stories or ideas to add to this file. Or this one.
romance-today-msg (16K)  9/ 5/10  Romantic ideas from period to use
today.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/romance-today-msg.html

If you met your significant other in the SCA, how about the story?

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris