[Ansteorra] endowed memberships

Brett Chandler-Finch naturemakeswell at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:24:40 PDT 2012

The Masonic lodges have a lifetime membership or endowment program.    A
Mason pays approximately. 8-10 years worth of membership fees. In this.
Case about $450.  The grand lodge of texas invests that money in a fund.
My endowment will support the grand lodge and local lodge long after I am
food for worms.  The endowment remains even if I were to quit or be
expelled as a Mason.   All it means is that I no longer am required to pay
dues.

In the case of an endowed member. Simply signing a waiver every 3 years
would get me a blue card.  Otherwise I get a white card and have to sign
event waivers.  The endowment fund would not affect non profit status as
the proceeds would cover operating expenses.

brett