[Ansteorra] Lifetime Membership (was: Re: Conversation starter ...)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 17 22:19:14 PDT 2012

Here is what little I've been able to find in the Florilegium on the
previous SCA life membership program.

 From the Caid-hist-msg file.

<<< From: brettwi at ix.netcom.com(Brett Williams )
Newsgroups: rec.org.sca
Subject: Re: Cloved Fruit
Date: 13 Dec 1995 18:06:13 GMT

I know exactly when and how it was introduced to Caid-- I was there.
At the Pentecost feast held by Duke Aonghais and Lady Mary Taran of
Glastonbury (their wedding), a tall man by the name of Alexander sur le
Mer (from the Kingdom of the East) called for silence and explained the
custom. I later recognized Lord Alexander as the only Life Member later
listed in Tournaments Illuminated for a number of years.
ciorstan >>>

I don't have access to the early years of BoD minutes, but I imagine
those would have more details on this program. And perhaps the early
TIs.

Stefan
(And I do have the history of the SCA cloved fruit game, from the
originator, in another file in the Florilegium. :-) )