[Ansteorra] Warlord XXXIX Thanks

Carol Ross gdc at stormypetrel.org
Thu May 31 17:31:57 PDT 2012

Greetings fairest Ansteorra!

Warlord XXXIX has come and gone, and while we had one unfortunate
incident we are very happy both with the overall event and everyone's
support during the incident.

First and foremost we would like to extend our gratitude to Lord Konrad
Novak and Lady Lyneya, our event stewards. Both of you went above and
beyond both in planning and on site when grave decisions needed to be made.

Second, Their Royal Majesties for your inspiration, patience and
assistance. Much love to you both.

Lady Susanna and Baron Fiacha, your advice and help were greatly needed
and appreciated.

Baroness Honour, you time after time step forward to fill gaps when
needed. We are so very grateful you are a part of our Barony.

Lady Layla and Lady Katharine thank you so much for ensuring that the
list fields were set up.

HL Katya and Lady Katharine thank you so much for your assistance on the
Archery field.

Lady Micola thank you for running Gate for us.

Lady Colleen, your assistance with water bearing was appreciated by
everyone at the event. And on a personal note thank you for being there
for us.

Lord Antoine we greatly appreciate your expertise with the Baronial
Pavilion both prior to the event and during. Also, thank you to everyone
that came out and painted it. It was beautiful and a pleasure to show
off to the Kingdom for the first time.

  Lady Beatriz, much thanks for decorating the hall. Lord Antoine we are
also grateful that you were there to assist your lovely lady.

Lady Gabrielle thank you for wrangling the merchants ahead of the event.
Much thanks to Lady Lyneya for wrangling them on site when Gabrielle was
unable to make it to the event.

Lady Emma, thank you so much for your assistance leading up to the event
with advertising.

Countess Gwen for being our Voice during court. And for Earl Lochlan who
both created our site tokens and was our Herald for closing court after
HE Gwen could not due to a sore throat.

Sir Domingo for his absolutely delicious Landed Lunch on Saturday, which
was put together on short notice. In addition, thank you so much for
your expertise with our new Baronial pavilion. Baroness Sancha, much
gratitude for you as well for your assistance in the luncheon and any of
the behind the scenes project support you provided.

Much gratitude for our list mistresses on both the light and the heavy
tournies, Baroness Katheryn, Mistress Serena, HE Gwen, and Lady Kat.

Lady Alexandra and Lord Germanicus as always the youth is greatly
bettered by your mere presence. We thank you both for running those
tournies.

And thanks to House Whitacer for the Pas d'Arms on Sunday, the field was
beautiful.

Much thanks to the various Artisans that contributed to the prize
baskets, Master Eisen, Darkwood Armory, Lady Kat, Lady Nuala, Mistress
Kalida, Lady Alexander, Capt. Rhys, Lady Katharine, Don Alaric, HL Suzanna.

We are grateful also for the professionalism and service of the public
servants of various departments that came to our aid in a time of need.

Thanks also to everyone who's name we did not catch that helped with set
up, tear down, marshaling, heralding, and all of the other things that
make events happen.

And finally, we both can not thank each and every one of you enough for
your patience late Saturday evening. What could have been made worse was
not because of each and every one of you that chose to take our advice.

Genevieve and Duncan
Baroness and Baron of the Steppes