[Ansteorra] Skaldic Contest at BAM

Hrafn Olafsson hrafnolafsson at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 06:04:29 PST 2012

In less than two weeks, the Barony of Bordermarch will be hosting their annual Autumn Melees event. While this is always an excellent time for fighting, I would like to announce a different kind of contest.

After court on Saturday night I will be hosting a Skaldic competition, an opportunity for any who wish to display their wordsmith skills. Come and recount a heroic fight in the SCA, impress upon us a period myth, or regale all gathered with any other powerful tale to get the blood pounding. This is not a time for song, but for displaying the traditions of the Norse Skalds around the fire.

There will be three judges who are responsible for hearing the words of all who compete, and will pick out those that most impress them. And of course, geld (prizes) will be given to our greatest Skalds! So please join me in the wondrous Barony of Bordermarch as we raise both our voices and horns in praise of those who are most worthy!

If you have questions, please feel free to get in touch with me off the list

- Duke Hrafn Olafsson