[Ansteorra] Ethandune

ulsted at juno.com ulsted at juno.com
Wed Oct 17 05:20:51 PDT 2012

Peoples of Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria, East Anglia, and Kent know that the damned Dane, Guthram, has invaded and ravished Northumbria, and now turns his greedy gaze to the South.  Only by standing together can we defeat this vile villein.  I call, too, to all good Christian folk who would aid us against the incursions of this heathen.  I call to the Nobles of all these lands and to Your Coerls and Huscarls and to the Fyrd.  All of Your strength will be needed to cast these invaders back into the briney path. We gather at Ecgbryhtesstan (also commonly called Seguin, TX) in three days time and will fall upon them at Ethandune.http://bjornsborg.ansteorra.org/Ethandune/ Godemite!  Ut, Ut, Ut!Alfred, King of Wessex