[Ansteorra] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Regarding Fund Raising

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:23:37 PDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Doug Copley <doug.copley at gmail.com> wrote:
> From reading the information I would not agree with that assessment. Fund
> raising for Stump removal, repairs to the Ansteorran gate - both benefit
> anyone who attends Gulf War and camps on Ansteorran lands. It does not
> benefit only a chosen or select few.

Those are improvements to a site that "everyone" is using now, but as
SCA Inc does not own the land, the land owner *could* at any time
decide that we are no longer allowed to use it, and then those
improvements would no longer benefit the group. Therefore it is
technically an improvement to private property, which only benefits
the individual owning that property. Or at least that is how it has
been explained to me in the past when similar project ideas came up in
other places I have lived.

~Eve