[Ansteorra] so...who wants to be the new Webminister now? (What would be the respectable thing to do in this situation)

Kajira Camber torinsmail at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:14:09 PDT 2012

As Sir Cameron mentioned in his post, "If you have any question or doubt regarding such request, please forward it to myself, the Kingdom Seneschal, or TRMs and we will discuss...".  That would've been the appropriate thing to do with your 'research' and 'opinions'.  If your thoughts are felt as correct, then a correction e-mail would be sent to the list and all would be well.  If your opinions are not backed by the appropriate groups, then you have been informed of rationale after discussion between 'those in charge' and prevented unnecessarily anxiety and the filling of many people's inbox.

I only mention this because Sir Cameron was doing his job.  He did what he was informed and felt was the appropriate thing to do for the Kingdom.  He included in the message what to do if you felt he was incorrect.  To me, responses like this that go out to everyone (excluding mine that I am doing now...my deleted file has cleared) are individual attempts to show 'how smart you are' or this weird game that many people in the SCA like to play where the goal is to make others look wrong and you look right, therefore you win the game.

Please, if you have an issue with someone's post, take it up with them personally.  Not only is that the professional thing to do, but it is also the nice thing to do for that person as well as the courtous thing to do for our inboxes.  (Also, it doesn't cause increased hesitancy to take that persons office at the point that they are trying to step down...)

Sorry for taking up space in your inbox, have an awesome day.
(I will try it too...if you have issues with this post, please e-mail me directly at torinsmail at hotmail.com)

Kajira Camber
  (Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid)
Baroness and Webminister of Wiesenfeuer