[Ansteorra] HL Stefan li Rous of Bryn Gwlad

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 12:21:43 PDT 2012

On Oct 29, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Jean Paul de Sens <jeanpauldesens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have there been any updates?
>
> Jean Paul

I wasn't sure that anyone would be interested, but here is what I posted to the Bryn Gwlad list recently.

Stefan
---------

I just wanted to let folks know that I got home from the hospital on Thursday night.

Thank you everyone who sent healing thoughts and well wishes.

I'm perhaps already over the blood infection although I'm still feeling tired and exhausted at times.

Because of the damaged tendon/sprained ankle I'm have to take small steps to get around, a lot of the swelling has gone done and I think it's a little better each day.

I'm still out of a job. So if anyone knows any hardware (non-IC) design positions or positions writing embedded C code, I'd love to hear from you. I would really prefer to work than have to go on disability.

It has now become really clear that we (Alina and I) have become hoarders and we are now frantically trying to clear out the house and garage.

[new note - a disposal bin is coming on Thursday]

I have a large medieval library (bookcases and bookcases) that I've accumulated on a wide variety to subjects. I;d much rather give it away to SCA folks who will value it, instead of sending it to half-price books.

I also have a complete set of armor and a shield that I'd like to sell. Conner made Spagenhelm, arms, kidney belt etc. half-guantlets. Since I can't drive after night, I'm not sure when I'll next be able to make it to PIP. With the deterioration in my health, I don't think I'll be able to fight again, although I'd held out that hope.

I also have a set of fencing foils  and fencing mask.

Much of this would be good for a beginning armor or rapier fighter. I'd like to get something for it, see fourth paragraph :-) but as a last resort I'll give it to the loaner gear.

Thank you if you've listened this far,
  Stefan

--------
  Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com