[Ansteorra] Rapier Buckler Question

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:24:34 PDT 2012

Mine is a  19.5" round made of 1/4" plywood, with a metal boss, wooden
handle, and rubber edging (not sure what kind, it was a gift).

The edging should prevent the edge fraying and becoming dangerous (able to
catch and break blades or injure someone). Hose is common. Duct tape edging
is common, but I hate it. Leather works well and looks good.

There is no minimum size for a buckler. You can fight with a fist buckler
if you like, I know people who have (this one, specifically:
http://www.therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c563.html).

Maximum size varies by kingdom. I do not believe Ansteorra has any
restrictions, but I could be wrong. The last listing I have says no, but
I'm not sure how up-to-date it is. Gulf Wars might have them, in which case
it'd be wise to make sure your buckler follows those regulations if you
want to use it at war.

-- Andreas

Greetings All,

--
Andrew R. Mizener/ Herr Andreas von Meißen
Cadet to Warder Brighid MacCumhal